This dish has been inspired by my vegetable lasagne. The roasted vegetables in it are delicious and a great way to exposure your little one to a variety of vegetables.
1 courgette, diced
1 sweet potato, diced
1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
80g spinach, finely chopped
90g mature cheddar cheese, grated
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp italian herbs
1/2 a mozarella ball, chopped (optional)
Handful of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
1) Coat the chopped sweet potato, peppers and courgette in a little oil and roast in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes, turning over half way. Set the timer for 15 minutes as this is roughly when you will also need to start boiling the pasta.
2) Meanwhile heat some oil in a large saucepan or wok and fry the onions for around five minutes.
3) Add the chilli flakes and garlic and fry for a few seconds before adding the cherry tomatoes, tinned tomatoes and Italian herbs. (I used frozen spinach so added this too at this point. If you’re using fresh add it about 5 minutes before the end along with the basil).
4) Bring to the boil and simmer until your pasta and roasted vegetables are cooked.
5) Add the drained pasta and roasted vegetables to the mixture and give it a good stir. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof pasta dish.
6) Add the grated cheese over the top and place the mozzarella pieces on top, spaced around the dish.
7) Put into the oven for ten minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Suitable from six months old. To reduce salt content leave the mozzarella balls off of the babies part of the dish or omit completely.
Check out the rest of our dinner recipes.